Dear Parents and Guardians,
Providing a healthy and safe educational environment is always Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School’s highest priority. That being said, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (now named COVID-19) and the potential impact on our school, students, employees, and community. The purpose of this letter is to share with you what Mary Fay Pendleton is doing to protect the community as well as sharing helpful resources to keep your family healthy.
Fallbrook Union Elementary School District is collaborating with CDC, San Diego County, and local health officials to enact a district-wide action plan to ensure the health of our community.
Proactive School Sanitation
- FUESD (Fallbrook Union Elementary School District) Facilities management is refreshing training for all FUESD custodians relating to best practices for school sanitation and preventing the spread of viruses on school campuses.
- FUESD Facilities management has designated an extra custodian at every school to be proactive in the daily cleaning of high traffic areas.
- Portable hand sanitizing stations for school offices and lunchrooms have been ordered for each school site.
Health Education and Support
- FUESD district nurses are developing an educational training video to promote healthy habits. This will be shared in every classroom.
- All “Attendance Incentives” (ex: perfect attendance awards) are currently suspended to encourage sick students to stay home.
- School counselors will be presenting students with easy steps to prevent the spread of viruses.
- Administrators, school secretaries, attendance clerks, and staff are being trained to help answer specific questions about Coronavirus, and best practices to prevent its spread.
- District nurses have developed a multi-tiered response plan to address communicable diseases.
- FUESD district nurses are available and on standby for any need.
To learn more and discover resources to help keep you and your community safe, visit our Coronavirus online resource hub at: fuesd.org/coronavirus
As always, thank you for your continued cooperation and
Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School